- If you are interested in any summer volleyball camps, please stop by Student Services for a registration form. June 1-3rd the assistant coach for UMD, Christi May, will be directing a camp at Hibbing. On June 8th-10th, Grand Rapids will host for grades 6-12. And Greenway will be hosting Raider camp for 8-12th grade from July 27-July 30th. Registration for all camps, are available in Student Services.
- Student council will have their last meeting of the year tomorrow morning at 8 am Mrs. Warner room.
- Are you a teen entering 8th, 9th or 10th grade and want to get a job now or in the next few years? GRAND TeenWorks is designed to help prepare teens for the future by learning how to build self-confidence and make good choices. Teens will also learn about networking, interviewing, resumes and completing job applications. Registration can be done on-line for by calling 218-398-2674. Registration deadline is this Friday, May 15th. Class will take place this summer from June 15-June 26 and students will be given ¼ credit upon proof of completion for the class. Stop by Student Services for more information.
- Would the student that dropped off the green PSEO form, in Mrs. Geisler’s office last week, please stop by Student Services as soon as possible. There was NO name on the paper.
- 9th-12th grade student that are in need of summer school classes: Registration will take place Thursday, May 28th from 3:30-6PM and Thursday, June 4th from 3-7PM. Registration is on a first come, first-served basis, until classes are full. BE PREPARED TO WAIT. Summer school will run from June 15th through July 30th (Monday-Thursday). Students will meet one day a week with their instructors for a two hour block. Weekly attendance is mandatory.
- The Junior Golf scholarship fund was established to support local your ages 10- 18 who are interested in golf, but have a financial barrier of hardship that prevents them from obtaining a golf membership. The fund provides a limited number of grants for $100 toward student golf memberships and clubs at Eagle Ridge or Pokegama Golf courses. Apply at gracf.org.
- Junior High track practice will be in Nashwauk today. You will return by 4:45.
- Good luck to the boys and girls track teams as they compete in the IRC meet today in Grand Rapids. Dismiss varsity track members at 1:45. The bus will leave the Lower Scofield at 2PM. Good luck to the boys baseball team as they take on Nashwauk today at home. Good luck to the girls 7th & 8th grade fast-pitch team as they play in Grand Rapids, please dismiss them at 2:30. And finally, good luck to the girls varsity and JV teams as they head to Eveleth today to play the Golden Bears. Please dismiss them at 2:15, the bus will leave the lower Scofield at 2:30.