- DAY of CARING is tomorrow. ALL 7-12th Grade GHS STUDENTS: Be sure to check the bulletin board for your work assignment for tomorrow. And remember that it is a work day. Please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or paint on, and tennis shoes are highly recommended. All seniors will be riding a bus to COME ON IN BEACH. The bus will depart the UPPER Scofield at 8:30AM and will not return until the end of the day. We are looking forward to an awesome day to make a difference in our own community and show our Raider Pride.
- Please excuse all 6-12 band students at 10:40 for the all-district band concert dress rehearsal. Students are to report to the auditorium with their instruments and America, the Beautiful music. And just a reminder that everyone is invited out for a great night of music tonight as our 6-12th grade band students will be performing their last concert of this school year at 7PM tonight in the GHS Auditorium.
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN SCHEDULE FOR COMPASS:
- MRS. LEVAR'S 8TH GRADERS WILL HAVE COMPASS TODAY AND TOMORROW IN THE 3RD FLOOR COMPUTER LAB.
- MR. FLINCK'S 7TH GRADERS WILL HAVE COMPASS THURSDAY AND FRIDAY THIS WEEK.
- Yearbooks will be on sale during lunch all week this week.
- The Blandin Foundation education grants season is in full swing! Our numbers are down a bit this year, so we are extending our deadline to Friday, May 22, to allow for any new applications to be submitted to the Blandin Foundation (on-line or paper). In addition to the application, it is important that applicants submit all pieces of required information at this time as well (tax forms, SARs, student release form). This will allow our staff the time to follow-up with colleges, universities, etc., on obtaining the required financial need analysis. For those students who have already submitted an application on or before May 1st, please be sure they submit any missing items as soon as they can.
- If you are interested in any summer volleyball camps, please stop by Student Services for a registration form. June 1-3rd at Hibbing, on June 8th-10th, Grand Rapids and Greenway will be from July 27-July 30th.
- 9th-12th grade student that are in need of summer school classes: Registration will take place Thursday, May 28th from 3:30-6PM and Thursday, June 4th from 3-7PM. Registration is on a first come, first-served basis, until classes are full.
- The Junior Golf scholarship fund was established to support local your ages 10- 18 who are interested in golf, but have a financial barrier of hardship that prevents them from obtaining a golf membership. The fund provides a limited number of grants for $100 toward student golf memberships and clubs at Eagle Ridge or Pokegama Golf courses. Apply at gracf.org.
- Tuesday Credit Recovery Students: You will need to bring your charged chromebook to next Tuesdays class as you will be taking your final on your chromebook.
- Loss of Credit Reminder: For those students who have outstanding loss of credit hours to complete, these hours need to completed and the paperwork handed in to Mrs. Rue by next Friday, the 22nd. If you have questions about your hours or any loss of credit matter, please see Mrs. Rue in the attendance office.
- Congratulations go out to our synchro team that were in section competition this weekend. Congratulations to Hannah Tracy who took 5th in the short solo, and to Amber Butterfield and Laura Tracy who took 6th in the short trio. Congratulations ladies.
- Good luck to the JH track and field teams as they compete today at Chisholm. And there will be no 7th & 8th grade baseball practice today.