- Mrs. Lester's Giver Book Club only has 5 spots left open so get your reservation paper in ASAP! Mrs. Lester has extra slips so see her if you don't have one. We will read the Giver then watch the movie. Bring a snack. Enjoy a good Book, good movie, good discussion, and good friends. We will meet starting next Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday until 5:00 next week and the though the week of Jan. 22nd.
- GHS: All this week we are accepting donations for Grace House that services the homeless here in Itasca County. You can donate items such as brushes, curling irons, shampoo & conditioners, deodorant, Clorox wipes, batteries, DVD’s, razors, pens and paper. You can turn items into Student Services. Even the littlest donation can make a difference so let’s come together and help those in need.
- Seniors: Voting is open for seniors to choose the Greenie Gambol 2014-2015 candidates. Voting will end next Monday at midnight. Also, due to a technical issue all seniors will need to revote. If you have any questions or problems with opening the voting, come to Student Services.
- Someone left their red/maroon glasses in the art room. Please see Mrs. Levar to claim them.
- Students in need of a social credit recovery, classes will be offered Thursday after school beginning on January 29th. Sign up asap in Student Services with Mrs. Geisler.
- There is after school tutoring available each Wednesday through the end of 1st semester and this is open to any student. It is being held in the critical thinking area. Upperclassmen that would like to volunteer to help out, speak to Jacob Dezelske.
- Seniors: Just a reminder that this Friday, Jan. 9th, is the deadline for the February ACT test. Stop by Student Services if you have any questions or need help registering. Following the February test, testing for this year will only be available in April and June.
- Seniors who need to take Accuplacer Test should sign up in student services. Sign up and you will receive practice tests for the Accuplacer. Testing will be on Thursday, January 22 in the 2nd floor computer lab beginning at 8:30AM.
- Seniors: If you are interested in attending Rainy River Community College, they are offering a chance to win a $500 scholarship just by attending a formal visit anytime between Jan. 1 and May 1st. You must be registered for fall semester by May 31st as a full-time student at RRCC in order to be eligible to collect the scholarship. Stop by Student Services if you have any questions about arranging a visit.
- Next Thursday, January 15, is the next Greenway Blood Drive. Remember, if you are 16 and would like to donate, you will need a parental permission slip filled out prior to donation. These are available in Student Services.
- Congratulations to our Varsity Knowledge Bowl teams who all had an awesome day yesterday, but especially to two teams that placed third and fourth in the first round of Region Competition. Members of the third place team were Beau Palm, Chris Schwartz. Aaron Troumbly, and Kennedy Anderson. Members of the fourth place team were Michael Hoey, Kadin Kalisch, Austin Finke, and Lincoln Shaughnessy. Reminder to all Knowledge Bowl participants of practice after school today in Mr. Floersheim's room.
- This Friday is another “Fill the Stands” event here at GHS. We will be giving away t-shirts, pom-poms, and water bottles at this Friday's home boys basketball game vs. Nashwauk-Keewatin.
- Good luck to the boys hockey team as they are in action tonight at home against the Broncos, to the boys 7th & 8th grade basketball team as they play Grand Rapids today at 4:30, and to the girls basketball teams as they head to Hill City. The bus will leave the lower Scofield at 4:15.