- Mrs. Lester's Giver Book Club only has 5 spots left open so get your reservation paper in ASAP! Mrs. Lester has extra slips so see her if you don't have one. We will read “the Giver”, then watch the movie. Bring a snack. Enjoy a good Book, good movie, good discussion, and good friends. We will meet starting next Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday until 5:00 next week and the though the week of Jan. 22nd.
- Seniors: Voting is open for seniors to choose the Greenie Gambol 2014-2015 candidates. Voting will end next Monday at midnight. And speaking of Greenie Gambol: We will be having a door decorating contest for all grades. 5th & 6th grades will decorate their own classroom doors, 7th & 8th grades will decorate their 3rd hour classroom door, and 9-12th will be decorating their advisory door. All doors should be done in the Disney theme and decorating can start anytime.
- And in celebrating Greenie Gambol, we are having “The Great Disney Bake Off,” for grades 9-12. Each class is responsible for baking a cake and decorating it and it will be judged on taste, creativity and theme. Your class needs to have your baked cake into Mrs. Eide's room by Wednesday, January 21, 2015 end of day and only one entry per class! Here are the following class themes for your cake.
- Seniors: Alice in Wonderland
- Juniors: Cinderella
- Sophomores: The Little Mermaid
- Freshmen: The Lion King
- Just a reminder to staff: we will not have a nurse in the building today. Please use your discretion when sending a student to the office.
- GHS: Today is the last day that we are accepting donations for Grace House that services the homeless here in Itasca County. You can turn items into Student Services. Even the littlest donation can make a difference.
- Students in need of a social credit recovery, classes will be offered Thursday after school beginning on January 29th. Sign up asap in Student Services with Mrs. Geisler.
- There is after school tutoring available each Wednesday through the end of 1st semester and this is open to any student. It is being held in the critical thinking area. Upperclassmen that would like to volunteer to help out, speak to Jacob Dezelske.
- Seniors: Barb Matanich will be in next Monday and Tuesday to help with scholarship applications so get those essays completed. The MN Power Scholarship deadline is next Thursday, Jan. 15th.
- Seniors: Just a reminder that TODAY, is the deadline for the February ACT test. Stop by Student Services if you have any questions or need help registering. Following the February test, testing for this year will only be available in April and June. Seniors who need to take Accuplacer Test should sign up in student services. Sign up and you will receive practice tests for the Accuplacer. Testing will be on Thursday, January 22.
- Seniors: If you are interested in attending Rainy River Community College, they are offering a chance to win a $500 scholarship just by attending a formal visit anytime between Jan. 1 and May 1st. You must be registered for fall semester by May 31st as a full-time student at RRCC in order to be eligible to collect the scholarship. Stop by Student Services if you have any questions about arranging a visit.
- Next Thursday, January 15, is the next Greenway Blood Drive. Remember, if you are 16 and would like to donate, you will need a parental permission slip filled out prior to donation. These are available in Student Services.
- Tonight is another “Fill the Stands” event here at GHS. We will be giving away various prizes the home boys basketball game vs. Nashwauk-Keewatin. Good luck also to our girls Lightning as they travel to Elk River today. And just a reminder to the 7th & 8th grade girls basketball team, you will be leaving tomorrow for your tournament at 7:15AM for the Lower Scofield.